CheckMail Gmail – New Mail Notification
Category : Windows Desktop
There is no denying it, the most popular e-mail clients out there are full blown resource hogs! When all you want to do is be notified when you have a new e-mail message you have instead something chugging along in the background using up valuable system memory. Whilst insignificant on powerful gaming machines this resource usage can have a real negative effect on your “average” home or office low spec work computer. The sole purpose of Checkmail Gmail is to do away with the need to leave a full e-mail client running, instead CheckMail Gmail will notify you whenever a new mail message hits your Gmail inbox and give you the option of launching webmail or a e-mail client of your choosing. Once you’ve dealt with your new messages you can safely close your e-mail client and Checkmail Gmail will set happily using very little resources until the next e-mail arrives.
Gmail is the perfect e-mail system, CheckMail GMail is the perfect way of checking for new e-mail arriving in your GMail account.
CheckMail Gmail Features
- Use Your Own Notification Icons If You Don’t Like Ours
- Optional Sound Notification, Play Any Sound You Like When New Mail Arrives
- Optional System Tray Pop-Up Notification, You Decide You Much “Alerting” You Want
- CheckMail Gmail Uses Only Approximately 20% Of The Memory That The Most Popular E-mail Clients Use, In Some Cases Much Less
- Configure To Launch Either Your Full E-mail Client Or The Gmail Webmail Service
- Will Sit Discreetly In Your System Tray Area All Day Using Few Resources
CheckMail Gmail has been tested on computers running Windows XP all the way up to Windows 10.1 and across 32-bit and 64-bit versions. There are no usage restrictions, the software is completely free to download and comes with full Windows install/uninstall support.